Banana Bob Vintage Jewelry - Art Deco and Art Nouveau for the Modern Age

Today I wanted to talk about one manufacturer's vintage jewelry that I incorporate in my jewelry designs! Banana Bob made incredible jewelry in the mid 1980s for high end department stores such as Macys and Bloomingdales. They are no longer in business and their designs are now in great demand. Their jewelry was of exceptional quality. The now closed company's designer, Ann Venditti, liked to work with high quality glass stones such as Swarovski, and metal stampings from vintage molds to create her pieces. She produced both exact reproductions of antique designs, as well as original pieces that incorporated many styles, especially Victorian, Art Deco, and Art Nouveau motifs. I buy Banana Bob whenever I can find it, even though it is getting harder and harder to find, and I attempt to incorporate it in my jewelry as much as possible. It's very difficult to find whole pieces, so I stick to purchasing smaller parts and making them part of my work. Since they are good quality, these pieces will be a bit more expensive ($30.00 and up) than some of my other pieces, but they are still all very reasonably priced! Right now I have many Banana Bob pieces at my booth at Ugly Glass & Co, which is on the 4th floor of Le Fou Flea at 1400 W 12th St, Kansas City, MO in the West Bottoms. I also have Banana Bob pieces at my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ivoryisis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment